Southeast Emmy Awards
The Media Development Center has been nominated for eleven Emmy awards on both the professional and student level, and has won three of those nominations.
- 2014 Bronze Winner Best Student Production – “Gus in Space & Chomp the Gators” [view article]
- 2014 Bronze Winner National Broadcast – Sports Series – “Inside Georgia Southern Football – GS Beats Florida” [view article]
- 2012 GS General Branding Commercial
- 2012 GS Graduate Commercial
- 2012 GS Undergraduate Commercial
- 2012 Inside Southern Football
MTVU College Television Awards
In 2014, the 35th annual College Television Awards, sponsored by mtvU and the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences Foundation, named Georgia Southern University’s MDC as a Blue Ribbon Finalist for Best Series. The recognition was for the production of the series “Just Wild,” which was developed by the MDC in collaboration with the Center for Wildlife Education and Lamar Q. Ball Jr. Raptor Center. [view article]
Society of Professional Journalism
The Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ) named the MDC a finalist for Best All-Around Television Newscast in 2014 for the student-produced GSN newscast.
Last updated: 4/6/2018