A Team of Strategic Thinkers
Georgia Southern University’s Marketing and Communications team members are strategic thinkers. We work with the University’s schools, departments and programs to develop marketing strategies that drive response. We offer communications and marketing consultation and planning, writing, editing, design, fact-checking and proofreading services. The result is attractive, effective and award-winning promotional materials ranging from direct-mail postcards and social media postings to media outreach and television advertising.
Effective Communication Requires Effective Strategy
We believe that effective communication requires the development of an effective strategy, and our team of professionals provides the foundation that links the University community with the world. The method of delivering a message can range from advertising placement to the creation and distribution of communications via print, television, radio or interactive media. Our goal is to not only successfully complete a project, but to consistently promote and advance the University’s reputation and image to its respective audiences.
The purpose of the Office of Marketing & Communications is to protect and enhance the Georgia Southern University brand.
The office provides news, information and publications for faculty and staff, friends, alumni, prospective students and parents. It also informs the general public by assisting with University-wide publicity and responses to the media, and provides consultation and assistance for communications and marketing efforts and special events across the campus. The office also compiles and publishes University publications, and coordinates the use of the University logo and other graphic standards for print and multimedia.
- Position Georgia Southern University as a national comprehensive University.
- Foster and promote student engagement, scholarship and innovation.
- Enhance the position of Georgia Southern University as one of the state’s pre-eminent institutions of higher learning and build public support for the institution’s mission as an economic engine and cultural resource for Georgia.
- Generate increased understanding, appreciation, pride and morale among internal and external constituencies in regard to University’s role as a resource for the state, and to its growing stature nationally and internationally.
- Support the University’s effort to recruit substantially greater numbers of quality undergraduate and graduate students for both campus-based and online programs.
- Bolster the University’s efforts to raise more private gift support through varied communications for development efforts within the institution.
The Georgia Southern University Office of Marketing & Communications will be a national model for innovation in proactive and creative communications that builds relationships and serves to inform, intrigue and inspire.
Through proactive approaches to integrated, multimedia communications, the office seeks to be the primary source of information and imagery pertaining to or affecting the University, directly reaching stakeholders and targeted audiences in a professional and creative manner that accurately conveys, supports and develops a quality brand and image of the University.
Policies & Procedures
Download and read the Office of Marketing & Communications’ policies and procedures. This document highlights the university’s policies on media relations, advertising, Web, social media and more. Download Now.
Last updated: 3/14/2017