Alumni & Annual Giving
Are you TrueBlue? The Office of Alumni & Annual Giving wants to keep in touch with you! Become a member of the Alumni Association, reconnect with old friends, and ensure that Georgia Southern continues to thrive.
Visit Alumni & Annual Giving
The Development Office works with the generous friends of Georgia Southern University, managing their contributions to the institution. Together, they examine the priorities and needs of the University and chart a course to see them become a reality.
- Donor RelationsThe role of the Office of Donor Relations at Georgia Southern University Foundation is to provide recognition, appreciation, and stewardship to our donors for their philanthropic spirit and support of higher education, as well as keep them informed about the use and impact of their gifts. Donor focused stewardship is accomplished through special donor recognition, donor appreciation activities and events, annual endowment fund reporting, and stewardship activities.
Visit Donor Relations
- Corporate and Foundation RelationsThere are many ways that your company, private or family foundation can partner with Georgia Southern University. Are you interested in engaging with our university and community programs, recruiting students, supporting industry research, expanding your engagement with the university community? We can help you achieve your goals.
- Trusts, Estates & Gift Planning Like many Georgia Southern alumni, parents, families and friends, GS has played an important and memorable role in your life. Your special planned or estate gift to Georgia Southern is an informed investment for your family and for the University. You may create a unique gift, such as a bequest or charitable trust, that will leave a lasting personal legacy of support for GS’s scholarship, teaching and research as well as allow you to gain financial and tax benefits. We are pleased to offer a variety of resources on our website so that you may learn about creative gift planning arrangements that benefit you as well as Georgia Southern. Your planned gift may:
- Properly make arrangements for you, your family and loved ones for life
- Entitle you to charitable income and/or gift or estate tax deductions
- Enable you to leave a legacy at Georgia Southern
The Office of Trusts, Estates & Gift Planning is staffed with a team of gift planning, accounting, trust administration and donor relations professionals who have experience in providing individual guidance and charitable gift planning support to all members of the Eagle Family. All services are provided without cost or obligation.
As you plan for your financial and philanthropic future, please consider giving to Georgia Southern. We would be delighted to speak with you and your advisors, and to assist you in exploring numerous gift arrangements that may serve your personal financial needs, as well as fulfill your philanthropic goals for Georgia Southern.
Visit Trusts, Estates & Gift Planning
The Georgia Southern University Foundation, Inc. is a not-for-profit organization established in 1962 to raise and manage private dollars to meet the needs of Georgia Southern University that are not funded through state allocations.
The Georgia Southern University Foundation, Inc., is qualified by the Internal Revenue Service as a tax exempt 501(c)(3) corporation.
The Georgia Southern University Foundation raises, invests and distributes private dollars needed to fund the programs, projects, scholarships, equipment and buildings that help Georgia Southern University earn and maintain a reputation for excellence.
Visit the University Foundation
Advancement Services provide the backbone of an organization’s Advancement operation. Advancement Services professionals gather, organize, manage and disseminate information to guide the sound and effective advancement and overall business decisions of the Georgia Southern University Foundation, Inc. and University Advancement.
Functions that are regularly managed by Advancement Services departments include:
- Database management and reporting
- Gift and biographical records management
- Prospect development – prospect research and prospect management
Last updated: 2/22/2017